4th Annual Eco Challenge Poster Contest
Step Up To Make Your Planet Green!
Enter the Eco Challenge Poster Contest presented by the County of Orange for the chance to be an Honorary Bat Kid at an Angels baseball game this year! Create a poster that clearly demonstrates how you personally “Take the Eco Challenge” by showing examples of projects or activities that you have developed or engaged in to promote a greener planet.
These activities can be in your school, home or community, and posters should focus on the proper disposal of green waste and/or food waste. Bring or mail your entry to Discovery Cube OC by June 30, 2016, and one lucky winner from each of Orange County’s Supervisorial Districts will be awarded the status of Honorary Bat Kid during an Angels home game in 2016.
To learn more about green waste and food waste visit http://oclandfills.com/recycling/eco_challenge/batkid.
Bat Kid Experience Includes:
• Pre-game Angels meet & greet inside their dugout
• Four tickets to watch the game
• Official Bat Kid jersey
• Professional photo on the field
• And much more!
Contest Rules & Eligibility
Contest is open to boys and girls who will be between the ages of eight (8) and fourteen (14) at some point during the Angels Baseball regular season (April 6, 2016 to October 4, 2016).
How to Design Your Poster:
• SIZE: Minimum: 11” X 17” Maximum: 18” X 24”
• MATERIALS: Artwork should not be computer generated. Paints, crayons, chalks, markers, pencils, pens, etc., are allowed.
• CONTENT: Artists are allowed to include environmentally friendly messages. The visual design of the poster must relate to green waste and/or food waste. Poster should be vibrant and aesthetically appealing. Copyrighted characters or name brands (e.g., Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, etc.) should NOT be used in artwork; use of such brands or characters will result in disqualification.
• Name, address, age, phone number, and Supervisorial District must be written on the BACK of the poster.
Posters will be judged based on originality (20%), visual clarity (20%), relevance to theme (20%), artwork (20%), and effectiveness of message (20%). Winners will be selected by the County of Orange, Discovery Cube and Angels Baseball leadership.
When & How To Turn In Your Poster
Posters should be mailed or brought to Discovery Cube OC at the address below BY JUNE 30, 2016. Limit one (1) entry per contestant. Winners will be notified by phone call. Winners will have TEN (10) days to claim their prize, after which the prize will be awarded to another winner.
Discovery Cube OC
Attn: Bat Kid Contest
2500 N. Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Please include which Supervisorial District you live in on your poster:
1. Garden Grove, Midway City, Santa Ana, Westminster, Fountain Valley
2. Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Stanton, Rossmoor
3. Anaheim Hills, Irvine, Orange, Silverado Canyon, Modjeska Canyon, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda
4. Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Fullerton, La Habra, La Habra Heights, Placentia
5. Aliso Viejo, Coto de Caza, Dana Point, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Las Flores, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Crystal Cove, Emerald Bay
Five winners as determined by a panel of judges will be awarded the status of Honorary Bat Kid for one (1) regular season Angels home game. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets to one (1) of five (5) predetermined Angels home games, complimentary parking, one (1) bat kid jersey, one (1) official baseball for autographs, one (1) on-field credential for dugout access (for bat kid only), recognition on the video board during pre-game activities, and one (1) professional on-field photo.