Step into the pages of Eric Carle’s colorful picture books. Tumble in the grass. Weave a web. Find a friend. Become a butterfly. His classic “Very” series, all illustrated in his hand-painted tissue paper collage technique, introduces five special insects who take journeys of discovery.
Each story is a testament to Eric Carle’s’ love of nature, his respect for the emotional lives of children, and his recurring themes of friendship creativity, and the power of imagination.
- Create your own butterfly using light and color through shadow play
- Test your dexterity, strength and flexibility as you step through a giant, web-like structure
- Compose a night symphony
- Spin your own web on a large weaving wall
- Test your balance as you rummage across a pile of pebbles
- Crawl through tall blades of grass
*Exhibit is included in general admission.
Very Eric Carle is targeted to children 2 to 8 years of age, their families, and pre-school and school groups ages 2 to 8 years.