FIRST-EVER MUSEUM EXHIBIT BASED ON DISNEY’S PEABODY AWARD-WINNING SERIES
Disney Junior brings its popular “Doc McStuffins” storytelling to communities in the first-ever touring museum exhibit based on the Peabody Award-winning television series. The exhibit, in partnership with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, is designed to model “care and compassion” for kids age 2-6 in immersive activities that reinforce the importance of health and well-being. Presented by Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and sponsored locally by the Stanbridge University School of Nursing, “Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit” at Discovery Cube allows young “doctors-in- training” to visit the McStuffins Toy Hospital where they can perform check-ups and diagnose toy patients while learning about healthy habits, compassion and nurturing care.
Exhibit activities include:
- Giving toy patients check-ups in the Emergency Room.
- Performing “operations” on toys that need bigger fixes in the Operating Room.
- Diagnosing pet toys with X-ray scanning machines in the Pet Vet Clinic.
- Rocking baby dolls to sleep and helping them follow their bedtime routines in the Nursery.
- Before caring for their toys, young visitors will learn how to “scrub in” and practice good hygiene. The exhibit helps children learn the importance of healthy living, well-being and nurturing our bodies, and provides an opportunity for children to become comfortable in a healthcare setting.
*Exhibit is included in general admission.
Disney character live appearances are not part of the exhibit.
Hosted by Lambie
Participate in activities that encourage the use of empathy and nurturing behaviors.
- Lead your baby doll through a naptime routine, including feeding a bottle, singing a lullaby, or rocking in the chair.
- Tuck your baby into bed and adjust the nightlight
- Give your baby a bath and change its diaper.
Hosted by Stuffy
- Scan your pet using a pretend CAT scan machine. Hear Doc’s diagnosis and treatment for your pet.
- Give your pet a pretend bath then dry and comb its hair.
- Turn a crank to recharge your pet’s energy level.
- Change the “water” in the fish tank by filling it with new, clean balls.
- Feed the fish using balls as pretend fish food.
- Place your pet in its home so it can rest up.
Emergency Room and Operating Room
Hosted by Hallie
- Set your toy on the check-up table and perform an exam.
- Enter your patient’s diagnosis in the Big Book of Boo Boos, then email it digitally to yourself.
- Practice mending a ripped toy.
- Scrub in for an operation.
- Perform an operation.
- Inflate a toy that’s lost its air.
Call 714.913.5030 to learn how you can book a field trip to Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit or click here to have one of our team members call you!