Spread the love of coding to your family!
March 4, 1pm – 4pm
100+ Raspberry Pi ‘Jams’ are taking place throughout the world this weekend! Join us for a free family event to learn about coding and play with the Raspberry Pi – a tiny, mighty, affordable and easy-to-use computer that teaches kids and adults to code in a fun way.
HANDS-ON PLAY – Enjoy workshops, games and races tailored to experience level – Early Learners, Elementary, Middle School and Career Path – provided by Discovery Cube’s Education Experts.
COMMUNITY – Learn the all-important skill of coding or where to keep jamming with local organizations, colleges and universities.
MEET & GREET – Coding Superstars will demystify coding and computer science careers, the #1 source of new wages in the U.S. with 40% higher salaries than the college average (code.org).
COOKIES, PI’S and TICKETS – Free raffle drawings every 20 minutes for Girl Scout Cookies, Raspberry Pi’s and Discovery Cube OC tickets.
- Coding teaches life skills like problem solving and creativity.
- Computing jobs are the #1 source of new wages in the United States (code.org).
- Job openings are projected to grow at TWICE the rate of all other jobs (code.org).
- Computer science majors can earn 40% more than the college average (code.org).
- Top 10 skills most in-demand in 2017 were all computer skills, including expertise in cloud computing, data mining and statistical analysis, and writing smartphone applications. (LinkedIn)
- In the decade ending in 2024, 73 % of STEM job growth will be in computer occupations (but only 3 percent will be in the physical sciences and 3 percent in the life sciences.) (In a recent analysis, Edward Lazowska, a professor of computer science at the University of Washington, focused on the Bureau of Labor Statistics employment forecasts in STEM categories, published in the New York Times).
Registration is closed. Tickets are sold out.